Monday, October 09, 2006

October 6

Well this week went by really fast. I actually have been busy all week doing school work which has not been quite as fun! It is sometimes hard having classes that are only five weeks long because when I think I just started I realize that I am almost done. I have midterms next week already! Last weekend was my weekend to relax. All of us were really lazy and so I guess we deserved it! Basically we just hung out and played garbage which is now my new favorite card game. On Friday I went with my friend Leo to his friend´s house and we played soccer and let me tell you I looked like a fool. They play soccer really good down here and all I know how to do is kick the ball. We then grilled out and it was really nice to have a good juicy steak! That was baisically the only thing I did so yeah my weekend was really lazy. On Wednesday Phillip and I went to a salsa class at the gym we go to and that was another dumb mistake. Everyone in the class knew what they were doing except Phillip and I and people would come by and watch us and laugh. Oh well. It was really funny and I am sure that people didn´t even have to run to burn calories, all they had to do was watch us and laugh. Who knows if we will go again. People here are like born with rhythm and I am telling you I was not whatsoever. Today it was actually cold. Carlos told me that I am actually starting to act like a mexican because I wore jeans, a tank top, a long sleeve shirt, and a sweatshirt to school today and it was 65 degrees. Guess I will stop making fun of the mexicans in the states that always wear a ton of clothes. The rainy season I think has left so I am excited. The last couple of days we have had really really bad storms with tons of rain. At least it only really rained in the evenings. What really made me mad was when people would drive by really fast through the puddles and I would get soaking wet walking on the sidewalk. Yes that actually happens quite frequently down here. Well hope all is well back in the states or malaysia :)

No comments: