Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Beach Weekend

Well lets see. I went to the beach, had fun and now am back in Guadalajara doing school work. The end. Haha. I decided to make this one nice and short so for those that don´t want to read my nice long blogs, like you Michael, all you have to do is read the first couple of sentences :) On Wednesday I had my midterms and then I was free for four whole days. Actually I was really only free for one day because Thursday was a holiday in GDL for the virgen of Zapopan and then I skipped Friday. My teacher told me that it would be a good idea so at least I didn´t get into any trouble for it. We are allowed to miss three days every five weeks and that was the only day I have missed so far so I was due to use one of my days. We didn´t leave until Thursday afternoon though because Phillip had to work at the hospital. We left around three, we being Emely, Amanda, Phillip, Oscar and I. Oscar drove us in his car which was cheaper than taking the bus. We were a little packed but we all love each other enough that it was fine :) We did run into rain which slowed us down. I guess it should have only took about four hours but it really took close to six. It was nice to get out of the city and go through the mountains and through little towns. We first went to Barra de Navidad which is a beach in a really small town. It is very tranquilo, I can´t think of the word in english right now......... not many people there.... ummm peaceful. When we got there there was no electricity and it was pitch dark. We didn´t make any reservations because it is not the busy time yet and so we had to find a hotel in the dark. We did really good as the hotel we got cost us about $12 a night each and it was nice. Then we went out to eat and had a nice candlelit supper. We were all pretty much tired so played a couple games of cards and then went to bed. On Friday we got up went and had breakfast ( the hot cakes are REALLY good down here and a popular breakfast food is chilaquiles. It has tortillas, eggs, salsa, onions, tomatoes and a bunch of really good stuff in it. If you come down here you can try it :) ) and then we went to the beach. The waves were really big. Phillip was in heaven and sometimes I thought he was just going to disappear in them. They were really strong too as Emely and I found out after we got slammed into the ocean floor and got sand up our nose, in our eyes, in our mouth and basically everywhere. Basically after that just lying on the beach sounded like a smarter idea for me. The weather was ok. It was really humid but cloudy and it would drizzle on and off. The weather was like that all weekend but we all managed to get some sun. Bascially we just relaxed and by early afternoon it started raining hard so we went back and took showers and then went out to eat. We went to this restaraunt right by the beach and the guy there was really nice as he kept on giving us free stuff to try! It basically continued to rained so we just chilled out at the hotel and then later that night we went and walked along the beach. Emely got sick though so that was sad. On Saturday we got up and went to another beach Manzanillo which was about an hour away towards GDL. It is a much bigger town and the beach there was much nicer as the was more flat and the waves weren´t at big. We got a hotel there and then went to the beach and relaxed. On Sunday we hung out at the beach until about one and then went back and packed all our stuff up and left around two. We went out to eat and then left Manzanillo around three thirty which meant we should have gotten back around six thirty but since there was a lot of traffic and rain again we got back a little after nine. We had a lot of fun though and I was excited to get back to GDL as I missed it even after four days. I guess it rained here all weekend too. Just our luck. Actually it was probably a good thing that it was cloudy or else we probably all would have been fried. The last couple of days I have been working on my paper for my culture class. I am almost done with it and am excited as I am getting sick of it. We have finals next week and then have another four day weekend. Well I think I do anyway but the girls have one of their finals on that friday. We are thinking about going to Guanajuato which is supposedly a very pretty historical town about four hours away. This weekend Emely´s sister is flying in for four days so we will be giving her a crash course of GDL. We are hoping to go to a bull fight as those are going on right now so we will see. Supposedly if we dress up nice we can get good seats for nothing since we are Americans. Well I need to go home and eat lunch. Adios

No comments: