Saturday, November 08, 2008

Ok Ok I"m a Blog Slacker

Well some people think i'm slacking so I guess I will tell you what I have been up to lately. Nothing. Ok the end:) Just kidding. Well i started my last year of school this year at Mankato and I got my approval for graduation so I will be out of here in May. Crazy how fast college goes. I am looking to go to grad school to get my masters in clinical exercise physiology with an emphaisis in cardiac rehab. There is a really good program in La Crosse WI but they only accept 15 students so I am crossing my fingers. So basically my weeks are consumed with class, my internship through the campus rec department where I do fitness assessments and write up exercise prescriptions. I am also working on getting a program called Maverick Boot Camp set up, which is basically like Biggest Loser. I'm hoping it goes over. I also work on compus as a personal trainer and at the Mankato YMCA as a wellness coach and personal trainer. So between all of that I keep busy. This semster has been a little crazy as I have like 21 credits but next semester will be a breeze. I go from seven classes to three!

What else.... I ran the Des Moines half marathon with my cousin Jane the end of October which was ton of fun. I am planning on running the half marathon in Madison in May so if anyone wants to join. I don't think i could do a whole marathon like Brenda! She did awesome!!! I actually have another race in Des Moines in two weeks. Its called the Living History Farms race which is a seven mile cross country race through lots of mud. Last year when I did it i was extremely muddy and wet because someone had shoved me into a stream BUT its fun.

Well thats about it. I will try to be better at posting. Its just you guys are all crazy with blogging and i'm just normal :)

2 comments:

The Parsons Family said...

Surprise, you found your blog. Just kidding, I know you are busy. Now, I suppose I'll have to update mine.
Love ya
Mom

Paige's Parents said...

Hey! So great you finally got a hint! Sounds like you are on a great track with your schooling and working - keep it up. You and Jesse will have to collaborate someday and get all of the family whipped into shape! haha.

Good job on the half marathons - they are not easy. If you can run a half, you can run a whole. I don't think I'll ever do a half or a whole again, BUT I'd like to do some short runs/races sometime, that'd be fun. Keep me posted about how the halfers go, k? If you don't already have the best pair of running shoes, or if you are looking for a new pair, I highly highly recommend the Asics Gel-Nimbus. So awesome. You go girl!