Sunday, November 23, 2008

Almost Thanksgiving

I really should be writing a ten page paper but I thought I would actually try to post instead :) This sounded much more fun. I just got back from Iowa where I did a 7 mile cross country race with my cousin Jane. We had to go through 8 creeks I think but I only got from my ankles down soaking wet but that was cold enough. It was pretty cold and when we were done it started snowing so we were glad we got to go sit in the car then. Some people, who really care about their time, go flying through the water and end up completely soaked. If you know me you know I hate being cold so I avoid ice water to all extremes. We then just hung out the rest of the weekend and I came back to Mankato fairly early today to get some homework done and I have done fairly well, could have done better BUT :) This week is short because its thanksgiving. My family will be going out to Montana so it will just be Michael and I. I have to work crazy hours at Nike for those crazy shoppers. I start friday night at 11:45 pm and work til five in the morning and then back in at noon on Friday til five in evening. Lucky I get to get all my discounts on Wednesday so I'll get all the stuff I want before its picked over and for cheap because I get my discount on top of all the black friday discounts!!!

Well I hope you all have a great thanksgiving. I have been remembering some of the past thanksgiving and one thanksgiving I will never forget is my grandma parsons' last thanksgiving. We were all at our place. I remember I had made her a poem that I gave her and she had told us all that she was going to fight her cancer. I'm thankful for those memories I have that are as clear as can be. I wish every thanksgiving that she could just come back for that day so I could just talk to her. I'm so glad I had such great grandparents on both sides of my family and I miss them all so much. And I'm thankful I have great parents who mean the world to me and my siblings. I'm just glad that I have such a close family. It shocks me every day to hear of people who hate their parents and siblings. Its very sad. To sum it up I am thankful for my entire family, both the Braatens and the Parsons and even though every one is leaving me for thanksgiving... I know i hope you are all feeling bad :) jk..... I want you all to know I love you all very much and am thankful to have you in my life!!!! Now don't eat too much on Thanksgiving. For my internship I have a board I have to keep updated with facts and did you know the average person eats 3,000 calories for thanksgiving dinner and with all the leftovers the average person consumes between 5,000-6,000 calories for the day. So think of all the work it would take to burn that off. BUT you know what, its one day out of the year so this is what I say. Enjoy the food but just watch the portion size :) Ok well I think I'm going to call it a night. Up at 5:45 for class tomorrow. Only a couple more weeks and the semester is over!!

2 comments:

Dale or Bonnie said...

Danelle, how sad that you are not here to see us all.... or for us to see you I mean. Ummmm your uncle Keith and Dale want to know if you are old enough to have a boyfriend?? Thanks for taking care of stuff so your family can be here. Love ya, Keith Cyndee Dale and Bonnie

The Parsons Family said...

Ok, this is the mother. Why is my family asking you if you are old enough to have a boyfriend???? Oh, that was quite the discussion over Thanksgiving!!!
Thanks for all you did for us at home while we were in MT.
Love ya,
Mom