Monday, June 09, 2008

Europe!!!!






Well tomorrow I head for Europe which crept on me really fast. I just started my laundry tonight at 11 so tonight is going to be a late night but I figure I'm just adjusting to the new time zone a little early right? I leave tomorrow afternoon at 1:30 from Madison and will be in Luxembough in like 13 hours I think. Once I actually looked at my itinery, like at 12 tonight, I was surprised how fast the trip will be!


Things have been very interesting over here in Wisconsin. Lets just say that we have gotten way too much rain. We had some wicked storms Sat. and Sun. and today the flooding began. Lake Delton which is a big lake where a lot of Dells attractions are on like Tommy Bartlett and where the Dells Ducks go actually does not exist no more. The dam broke this afternoon and the whole lake drained out into the Wisconsin River. I went up there this afternoon and could not believe it. Some of the condos even floated away right down the Wisconsin River. The engineers cannot figure out a way to stop it so it will basically be absolutely no water by tomorrow or the next couple of days. And it will take years to fill up............... like lots and lots of years so Lake Delton/Wisconsin Dells changed forever today! Dams are breaking left and and right and towns by the rivers are getting stuff out of their houses fast. It is a sight that I can't even explain. I actually went out and walked in the middle of the lake, empty lake and was standing in piles of dead fish! Soooooo............... on that note hopefully the rain doesn' t follow me to Europe.


Mom, dad, Angela and Travis left for Canada on Sunday. They left a little later than they had liked, they wanted to leave on Sat., but they are up there now and hopefully will enjoy the week up there!! Michael will be holding down the fort while they are gone and he does an impressive job at that so they should have no fears.


Well I am thinking I really should take a two hour nap because I just can't think straight anymore :) Then I will get up and finish packing! Keep tuned to updates on my travels over the next three weeks and here are some pictures of the lake draining.

No comments: