Friday, November 24, 2006

Puerto Vallarta

Well the semester is winding down. I only have one week left of classes and then I am done. Can you believe that. Where does time go. I am really wondering. Last weekend Oscar, Phillip, Emely, Amanda and I went to Puerto Vallarta. It was the most amazing weekend I have had down here. It was nice and hot and we just relaxed on the beach pretty much the whole time. A lot of people here don´t speak very highly of Puerto Vallarta because it is such a touristy place but I personally thought it was better than Barra Navidad and Manzanillo. The waves were really tranquilo and it was just gorgeous. There was a tropical storm but it stayed out in the sea and so were not affected by it at all. I would recommend that you all go there. You don´t even have to know spanish to survive there! We didn´t have school on Monday so we decided that we would leave around fourin the evening and get back fairly early because it is like a four and a half hour drive... well that is not what happened at all. We ended up leaving at six because we just couldn´t get ourselves to leave and then we didn´t get home until four thirty in the morning. Yep that is right ten and a half hours later. There was a huge accident on the one highway with a gasoline truck so then we went on another highway and then there was another accident with like five semi trucks so we had to sit and wait while they sorted everything out. We were on a curvy road through the barrancas so it took them a long time. Needless to say we had some wonderful bonding time in Oscar´s little car. We were lucky though because a. we weren´t involved in any of the accidents b. at least it wasn´t freezing inside the car and c. we were in the beginning of the traffic jam so we got out pretty much right after they got the semis out of the way. Traffic was backed up for miles. Even when we did get to go the only ones that were able to go were small vechicles so all the semis and busses had to basically wait until the next mornign. I have never been in a traffic jam like it. Well I got to bed a little before five and set my alarm for seven and when it went off i jumped out of bed and went to school. Haha ummmmmm ok so maybe it wasn´t quite like that. I actually skipped my first class and slept in til 8:45 and then went to school and was pretty much dead all day long as I didn´t have time to take a nap. Oh well the rest of the nights this last week I have gotten a significant amount of sleep. This week it has gotten cold down here and I mean cold. In the mornings it is in teh 40s. I wish i would have brought my winter jacket because I have been wearing at least two sweatshirts all week along with like two to three other layers of clothes. The worse part is the school is freezing because the classrooms don´t get sun and there is no heating. Maybe 45 doesn´t seem all that cold to you but think of this... there is no heating ANYWHERE. Therefore it is cold! Carlos got sick with a really bad stomach flu two days ago and this morning Vero was sick with it too so I am thinking that I better avoid my house! I do not want to get sick the last week of school!! Well that is bascially all the news here. I am just staying in GDL this weekend and will be working on school things. Oh my friend Emely is looking in to staying an extra week or two with me so I am excited if she does. I am definately looking forward to sleeping in and not having to do things related to school. I´m ready to be a flojera!!! Oh wait maybe I already am :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh Danelle, I miss you soooo much. I love how you throw all those little spanish words in there. [If you're trying to impress me, it's definitely working!]
Just remember, when you do actually have time to relax, make sure you enjoy it!
Love you lots,
Amanda